Here at Priority Alarms your security really is our priority - So with that in mind here are some basic home security tips for you and your family:
- Lock your doors - This sounds so simple yet very often people leave in a rush or will only be gone "a minute" and forget this simple action
- Hide your key - Under the doormat or the flowerpot just won't cut it find a good place away from open sight to hide that spare key
- Check your Windows - Many times windows are left cracked or unlocked when the weather is nice. Make sure to lock them all
- Light it up - Make sure your home is well lit, especially the back yard. Consider installing sensor lights around the house
- Keep it cut - Be sure to trim those bushes and trees around the house. Bushes can be great deterrents unless they grow too high by windows, then they become hiding places
- Dead Bolt It - Invest in good door locks and make sure you change all the locks when you buy a new home
- Get a Safe - The freezer and sock drawer are a thieves go to nowadays so keep your valuables locked up and away
- When You're Gone - If you go on vacation don't let the world know by letting mail or Newspapers pile up, have them stopped. Set lights to come on and don't tell the Social Media world
- Meet Your Neighbors - Make friends with your neighbors and hopefully they'll like you enough to keep an eye on things when you can't
- Add a Security System - You knew this was coming! But it's a valuable tool to protect your home and family. Statistics show that most thieves move on when they just see the security sign in the yard, so keep them moving when they see your home is protected by a "Priority Alarms Security System"
None of these things will guarantee against break-ins, but putting these tips into practice may just make the difference that keeps your home safe!
"YOUR SECURITY IS OUR PRIORITY!"